Ammon Miller: The Major Motion Picture

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Things are going good, as always. Thanksgiving was pretty fun...we sort of had a day off, and so I got to write some of you letters. Speaking of which, your letters are awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to write. It's so great to hear how everybody is doing. But anyway, Elder Hill and I had a good time. We started in the morning by playing some futbol with the other missionaries. Then we went out for breakfast together and kind of chilled out after that. We had two dinner appointments, so we were really struggling to bike back home after the second Thanksgiving meal. So it wasn't too eventful of a day, but at the same time it was awesome. I have so many things to be thankful for, but I'm mostly grateful for the chance to serve a mission! In the four months I've been out I've met some incredible people. I'm most especially grateful for the days that were completely terrible. Although I try not to burden you with such things on this blog, there have been some pretty lousy days.There have been times where I've found it difficult just to keep pedaling on my bike. My legs get sore, I'm hungry, and I just don't want to do anything. Everything goes wrong, appointments fall through, and I just want to be able to go home and take a nap. But out of those days, I've learned to put complete trust in God. When all else fails, I just tell Him that I've done all I can do and put it in His hands. And every time He's blessed me with some sort of miracle. I've come to appreciate the little things in life, whether it be somebody honking and waving at us when we're biking, or how awesome scrambled eggs and tobasco sauce taste. I love being able to forget about myself and go to work. There are way too many times in my life where I just sat in my room and lamented about how bad of a day that I had when I could have been out helping somebody else or at least enjoying the many things that God has blessed me with. We always have countless blessings. We need to list those off everyday and always be grateful. I know that the Lord has blessed us with more than we can ever comprehend, and that even in our difficulties and trials he's pouring out more blessings upon us. I hope that all of us can express more gratitude to God and to our loved ones for all that we have.

Love,

Ammon

 

DSCN0011[1]

Elder Miller and Catus man

DSCN0041[1]

Elder Hill and Elder Miller

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Thanksgiving post, Elder Miller! You continue to make us all proud. In the most positive way possible. ;-)
    Love and blessings,
    Sista Cox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Miller gets a "White Christmas" as he and anothe Child of God dress all in white to enter the door of the Kingdom of God. What a blessing for this Christmas Season.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete