Ammon Miller: The Major Motion Picture

Monday, January 28, 2013

75 Degrees in January :)

 

You read that right. 75 degrees. I might never go back.

So, here I am, officially 3/4 of the way through my mission. I suppose that if I wanted it to be, this could be the trunkiest 6 months. But I am doing everything I can to stay focused and enjoy the time that I have left. I really am enjoying myself. Last night my companions and I got home really late after a long Sunday...we usually go to 7 or 8 hours of church, and run around to different appointments afterward. I was completely out of it, but I couldn't help telling myself how much I love this gig :)

I am in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I have two awesome Polynesian companions and we have a blast with each other. I get lots of chances to overcome my natural nervousness in meeting and talking with people and I get to share the gospel that means so much to me. Even when people are slamming the door or throwing oranges at us while we're riding our bikes, it's just so much fun. I just love this work.

There's been a lot of fun stuff happening out here in AJ. I still get the chance to hike every now and then. There's lots of different trails around here. I'm getting used to the winter visitors. I had a dinner with a bunch of older folks from Canada last night and it was surprisingly really fun. Although one unfortunate thing is that whenever I hang around Canadians my accent comes out...I didn't even know I had an accent. At least I still pronounce "bag" correctly. Elder Fuiava has let it slip that I have a YouTube account. More often these days I walk into houses and people want to talk to me about my videos...it's fun, but some of those old ones are pretty dumb.

As far as the people we're teaching, we're having a lot of success. It seems like people are coming out of nowhere, wanting to come closer to God and learn more about the gospel. It seems as if we've found more people in the last few weeks than in the last few months. I also got the neat opportunity to go to a baptism for somebody who I taught about a year ago. Her name is Amber, and her family is a lot of fun. I got to teach her a lot with Elder Hernandez, and the memories of teaching her are some of the most powerful that I've had. I was so happy for her. I suppose that's why I'm loving this so much. I come to love people so much who were strangers to me just a little while ago.

Thanks everyone for your letters and postcards, especially around Christmastime. I love you all!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment